Daniel cleaned the living room! I can see my floor again. It is December 13th and we have no decorations up yet. I usually am excited, bake cookies with the kids, plan fun stuff to do, we love crafts and such. This year I believe the gloomies have taken residence in me and have not the faintest clue of how to evict them.
I have been praying a lot. I decided that maybe I should list as many things that I can think of that I am thankful for.
December 13, 2011 Thankful List
1. God loves me unconditionally
2. He sent His Son to save me
3. He has much grace for me
4. My husband loves me
5. My husband has a job
6. Most of my children are caring people and hard workers.
7. A lawyer may be able to help us keep our home. We have lived here for 15 years.
8. We have a decent sized wood stove, so we can keep our house warm.
9. I have had some great nurses caring for me, who actually seem to care and are not just doing their job.
10. My teeth aren’t hurting.
11. I still have morning sickness but I am able to keep down food now.
12. I can feel baby moving around.
13. My children are fed well.
14. We have relatively fresh filtered water to drink.
15. I have a great group of friends with my local Classical Conversations. They are definitely a God inspired group. I literally would not know what to do without them.
16. I have some great internet friends, some whom I have met and some who I have not met , but would love to meet one day!
17. We own our minivan, no payments and it runs.
18. My husband makes more than minimum wage.
19. My husband works so close to home that he rides his bike and I get to keep the van. I don’t have to get up early to take him to work or wake up early to pick him up from work or all of the crazy schedule stuff I have done this year for his temp jobs.
20. I love planning meals, cleaning house and taking care of my family in general.
21. Daniel cleaned my living room without me asking or offering bribes or rewards.
22. I have the best mother-in-law and father-in-law. They are hard working, down to earth, just really good people.
23. My regular internal medicine doctor really listens. He heard my stomach pains and is the only doctor who felt I should be tested for celiacs. My other doctors said I just had to live forever with my IBS symptoms. This year is the first year when I have actually felt “Alive” physically.
24. Glasses. Without them my vision is poor. I am very thankful for my glasses.
25. My old Canon camera. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. It takes excellent pictures to be so old.